Expressions of interest: SALRC Regional Chairs
- Regional leadership positions available in three key SALRC Regions
- EOI’s invited from livestock producers to assist in directing the RD&A agenda in south-eastern Australia
The Southern Australia Livestock Research Council (SALRC) is an independent, Incorporated Association and one of three national research councils setup to provide recommendations on Research, Development & Adoption (RD&A) priorities and planning for grass-fed beef and sheepmeat producers throughout Australia.
Key leadership and support positions in south-eastern Australia are now available for Regional Chairs in three regions.
- Western Victoria,
- Gippsland/Tasmania, and
- Southern NSW
SALRC’s Regional Chairs lead established teams comprising producers and other RD&E stakeholders representing key grass-fed beef and sheepmeat production areas of south-eastern Australia.
A successful Regional Chair will have:
- An active involvement in red meat and livestock production;
- Experience in leading groups and facilitating conversation with varying parties;
- A good understanding of red meat and livestock industry structures, the role of SALRC’s investors in agricultural RD&A, and sheepmeat and grass-fed beef production issues in their area;
- An understanding and confidence in meeting protocols, governance, media liaison, public speaking and application of RD&A to red meat industry development;
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability and desire to motivate, inspire and grow the capacity of others, seek improvement and increase the profile of the Regional Committee (and SALRC more broadly) within the industry;
- A demonstrated ability to be able to lead a regional team while actively contributing to SALRC in a national RD&A context.
The selection committee will consider expressions of interest for the Regional Chair positions on 17 May 2019 and it is expected the tenure of all three positions will commence post the AGM in September, but ideally will also be available for a two day meeting held 12-13 June.
For more information, including selection criteria and roles and responsibilities, please email email@example.com or call SALRC Secretariat on 03 5341 6100.
Expressions of interest should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org