Expressions of interest: SALRC Producer Members
- Multiple regional support positions available in all SALRC Regions
- EOI’s invited from livestock producers to assist in directing the RD&A agenda in south-eastern Australia
Northern NSW I Southern NSW I Central & Western NSW (inc. QLD Sheep)
Central VIC I Western VIC I South east Vic & Tas I South Australia
The Southern Australia Livestock Research Council (SALRC) is an independent, Incorporated Association and one of three national research councils setup to provide recommendations on Research, Development & Adoption (RD&A) priorities and planning for grass-fed beef and sheepmeat producers throughout Australia.
As part of SALRC’s commitment to building industry and organisational capability, recruitment is now underway for key support positions in south-eastern Australia. The tenure of all positions will commence early in FY2018-19.
Working closely with their respective Regional Chair, SALRC’s Regional Committee Members provide the critical interface between RD&A providers and the needs of red meat and livestock producers.
All positions are open to any grass-fed beef and/or sheepmeat producer who resides in the respective regions. The successful candidates will have:
- Established commercial beef and/or sheepmeat production experience;
- A strong interest in RD&A within the context of red meat and livestock production;
- A detailed knowledge of red meat and livestock production in their region;
- A willingness and capability to take a leadership role to collate RD&A priorities on behalf of their region;
- A preparedness to act as industry and community advocates on livestock RD&A issues.
The selection committee will consider expressions of interest for Regional Committee Member positions on 2 August 2019.
For more information, including selection criteria and roles and responsibilities, please emails email@example.com or call SALRC Secretariat on 03 5341 6100.
Expressions of interest should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org