As part of SAMRC’s commitment to building industry and organisational capability, we are pleased to invite expressions of interest for the following key leadership and support positions in south-eastern Australia:
- SAMRC Regional (Producer) Chairs –Southern NSW
SAMRC’s Regional Chairs lead established teams comprising producers and other RD&E stakeholders representing key grass-fed beef and sheepmeat production areas of south-eastern Australia.
For further information on the Regional (Producer) Chair position, please download the SAMRC Regional Chair Background, Roles & Responsibilities document.
- SAMRC Regional Committee (Producer) Members – Southern NSW
Working closely with their respective Regional Chair, SAMRC’s Regional Committee members provide the critical interface between RD&E providers and the needs of red meat and livestock producers.
For further information on the Regional Committee (Producer) Member positions, please download the SAMRC Committee Member Background, Roles & Responsibilities document.
All positions (Chairs and Members) are open to any grass-fed beef and/or sheepmeat producer who reside in the region. The successful candidates will have:
- Established commercial beef and/or sheepmeat production (+/- mixed farming) experience;
- A strong interest in RD&E within the context of red meat and livestock production;
- A detailed knowledge of red meat and livestock production in their region;
- A willingness and capability to take a leadership role to collate RD&E priorities on behalf of their region;
- A preparedness to act as industry and community advocates on livestock RD&E issues.
The selection committee will consider expressions of interest for the Regional Chair positions and Regional Committee Member positions on 27 July 2018.
If after reviewing the Background, Roles & Responsibilities document you have further questions, please contact SAMRC Secretariat Mike Stephens on 03 5341 6100 or email@example.com
Please email expressions of interest addressing key selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org